Using the Breville and Sage Zero Retention Single Dose Hopper to get near zero shot to shot variance is simple
- Open up the cover on the bellow
- Pour your beans in to the single dose hopper
- Replace the bellow
- Set your grinder to maximum time and start grinding
- Once the beans are fully ground, give the bellow a few pumps while the grinder is still on
- Turn off your grinder and brew!
How to install your Breville and Sage Single Dose Hopper
First deep clean your grinder.
(1) Align pins with the inner switch
(2) Make sure pin face down
(3) Push down all the way
(4) Push the pins back in, if fitted proper it should go in, especially the one facing front which is without the spring switch. The one facing the back has a spring in the switch but it will be activated when you screw in the hopper.
(5) Place the hopper in and just turn to screw it in. You will notice the grinder warning to lock the hopper dissapear when you screw it in as the pins trigger the safety switches.
(6) Lightly turn the hopper until you feel resistance when it touches the outer burr, then turn back a little. This is to ensure it doesn't put pressure on the burr. Just enough to prevent grinds escaping the chamber.
TIP: Before adjusting your grind.. Always remember to unscrew the Single dose hopper first. Adjust the grind settings then screw back the hopper, else you might get too much space between hopper or too little that it puts pressure on the burr.
How to remove the Breville Single Doser Hopper to clean burrs
To remove the hopper for cleaning, unscrew the hopper then use a paper clip and (1) poke the little hole in the pin and simply pull it out (2). You can then remove the ring.
A quick animation demonstrating how to remove the switch trigger pins.
TIP: You can easily clean without removing the ring by just sticking your vacuum cleaner into the chamber. Watch out you don't vacuum up the pins also else your grinder can't turn on.
How to clean the Breville Single Dose Hopper
- Remove the silicon bellows and single dose hopper.
- The silicon bellow can be rinsed under water but ensure it is dried completely before putting it back.
- Use a soft brush or a damp cloth to wipe the hopper. Do not use hot water or a dishwasher as excessive temperatures can cause the 3d print structure of the single dose hopper to weaken and deform.
- Ensure that every component is fully dried before replacing to avoid your burrs from rusting.
TIP: Do not use hot water or a dishwasher as excessive temperatures can cause the 3d print structure of the single dose hopper to weaken and deform.